A US Navy submarine hit an “object” while submerged in the Asia-pacific region, however, the incident did not result in any life-threatening injuries, the United States military said yesterday.
The incident took region on Saturday and the submarine’s nuclear propulsion plant and spaces have been not impacted and remain operational, the Navy said in a statement.
“The submarine stays in a safe and stable condition,” the Navy added.
US officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the incident took region in global waters in the South China Sea and that fewer than 15 people suffered minor injuries like bruises and lacerations. Two of the injuries have been labeled as “moderate.”
The officials added that the submarine used to be now headed toward Guam under its personal power for similarly inspection.
It used to be unclear so far what the submarine hit, the officers said.