You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters-related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services, and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications that might only be valid to subscribe/unsubscribed users.
- Forms-related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser settings – Please be aware that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer: For all the different versions of IE http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- The mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx.
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Apple Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- For the Mobile version http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reach it. This enables us to see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most.
You can opt out of these analytics cookies if you want:
We may also use analytics cookies to measure the effectiveness of advertising on the website and elsewhere on the internet. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you could change your browser setting to refuse all if you do not wish to accept them.
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web, to help us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Social media platforms
For example, we place a pixel on our web pages that allows Facebook and other social media sites to place cookies on website browsers. These cookies collect data that help us track and target users as they interact with our website and social media ads.
Please be aware that the data that can be obtained from a visit to a Newsquest site is limited to the URL of the pages that have been visited and, in some cases, the status of any completed or incomplete commercial transactions undertaken with us e.g. the purchase of a subscription. It may also include the limited information a browser might pass on, such as its IP address.
Kindly note that if you are a social media user you can opt out of these cookies at any time by using the opt-out links below. For more details…
- Facebook opt-out – https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Linkedin opt-out – https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you, and as was previously mentioned, if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not, it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information, you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
Email: [Your Contact Email Address]
By visiting this link: [Contact Us Page URL]
Updates and Changes