Please read below carefully the entire Policy before using the website.
A. Your privacy and trust are important to us. ‘Asia Media Research Center Private Limited’, a company incorporated under the laws of Nepal, having its registered office at ‘Kathmandu-15, Nepal -44600’, Registration No: 239447 – the term includes ‘Asia Media Research Center Private Limited’s subsidiary/ies, affiliate/s, channel/s, joint venture/s, sister concern/s, franchise/s et cetera. (hereinafter collectively referred to as “TheAsiaLive”, “we”, “us” or “our”), which operates various websites, applications, software, products, and other services including but not limited to delivery of information and content via any internet-connected device – computer, laptop, tablet, mobile or otherwise (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Services”).
B. This Policy explains howTheAsiaLive collects, handles, stores and protects personal information about you in the context of our services. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information. This Policy applies to individuals who use our services through any medium, inter alia, website, application, our or third party social media pages, any other electronic communication et cetera. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third party, for the purposes of tracking ‘user behavior’. TheAsiaLive encourages you to consult directly with such third parties about their privacy practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. TheAsiaLive collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information – the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to, for example your interactions with our emails and texts, and with our messages through push and online messaging channels, details of your interactions with our grievance officer/data protection officer such as time, date and reason for contacting us, chat conversations and call recordings. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment/device you use to access our Services is collected automatically including but not limited to your computer operating system, your IP address, time zone, browser plug-in details, and browser type due to the communication protocol settings on the internet during your visit to our website. Information regarding the web addresses from which you arrive or click through, the pages you viewed, download errors and page response times, time spent on certain pages when you browse our website. This information helps us analyse user’ trends and preferences, thus assisting us in improving our service to Customers.
B.We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us, especially when you login through other social media website login interface, for the purposes of accessing NSFW (Not safe for work) articles which require adult age consent; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about the User’s means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Asia Live may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site
- We may use the feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To share your information with third parties
- We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site us at [email protected]
Cross-border data transfer
Personal data we hold about you may be transferred to other countries outside of Nepal for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Any personal data will be protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice as well as with adequate protections in place in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalfs, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with their personal data by subscribing or signing in to The Asia Live, you may reach out to us by emailing us if you no longer want your child’s personal data to be processed or retained. Please contact us at [email protected].
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations. This privacy notice does not cover how those organizations process your personal data. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy, or exercising your rights, you could reach us at [email protected]
Notification of changes
We regularly review and update our Privacy Notice to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page.
Your privacy rights
You have a right to access the data that you have provided. You also have a right to update or make corrections to the data that you have provided. The accuracy of such data is solely your responsibility.
If you wish to make a request to exercise any of your rights, email us at [email protected]