United States
Nuh Violence: US statement regarding Nuh violence

The fire of violence that broke out after the attack on a procession in Nuh spread across South Haryana for the fourth day on Thursday. To maintain peace and public order in Gurugram and neighbouring areas, the government has suspended mobile internet services till Saturday. Meanwhile, the US State Department called for peace and urged the parties to refrain from violence.

US spokesman Matthew Miller said on Wednesday (local time) that as always we still appeal for calm. At the same time, he urged the parties to stay away from violent actions. Miller further said that we did not know about this. Heard from the people of America. Then contacted the embassy. The violence that broke out in Nuh during the procession passing through the district on Monday afternoon spread to the entire South Haryana. So far 6 people have died in the riots. Of these, two are home guards and four are civilians. At the same time, dozens of people including about 20 policemen have come under the grip of violence.

A Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been constituted to probe the communal violence. At the same time, Chief Minister Manohar Lal announced to recover the loss caused by the violence from the miscreants only. The government has suspended mobile internet services in the jurisdiction of Nuh, Faridabad and Palwal districts and the territorial jurisdiction of Sohna, Pataudi and Manesar sub-divisions of Gurugram district till August 5, to maintain peace and public order. The order passed by the Home Secretary of Haryana states that the situation in these districts remains serious and tense.

On the question arising regarding the role of Monu Manesar in the riots, Director General of Police PK Aggarwal has said to set up a separate SIT to investigate the matter. Before the procession in Nuh, a video of Monu Manesar went viral on social media in which he asked people to reach the procession. The Director General of Police said that the situation worsened after Menu Manesar’s video went viral and then was deleted on the Internet, it is a matter of investigation. The SIT will investigate this and action will be taken against those who are in collusion.

Please inform that a case has been registered against Monu Manesar under the Arms Act at Pataudi police station, the investigation of which is still pending. His name cropped up in the murder of Junaid, a resident of Bharatpur, Rajasthan, after which he came into the limelight. The people of Mewat were already having a grudge against him. His anger has increased due to the video going viral. All this is subject to investigation.

IndiaNuh ViolenceNuh Violence: US statement regarding Nuh violenceUnited StatesUS

© 2024 ASIA MEDIA RESEARCH CENTER PVT. LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.