Pakistan: 6 security personnel killed, 17 injured in terrorist attack in Balochistan

by Zauqi Farooqi
bomb blast pakistan

ISLAMABAD

At least six Pakistani security personnel, including a captain, have been killed in multiple bomb blasts in Balochistan. The information about this incident has been given in the report of Dawn. Explain that six Pakistani security personnel were killed and 17 others were injured in seven bomb blasts.

Two of the four blasts took place in Quetta, one in the Kahan area of Kohlu district and the fourth took place in Turbat. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), an improvised explosive device (IED) went off during an intelligence-based clearance operation near a ‘leading party’ in Kahan area of Kohlu district. Running since 24 December.

According to Dawn, at least 15 people were injured in five separate grenade blasts in Balochistan on Sunday. The incident was confirmed by the officials.

Earlier on Sunday, Dawn had reported that five Pakistani Army soldiers were killed by an improvised explosive device (IED) during a cleaning operation in Kahan area of Balochistan.

The media wing of the army said that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) went off close to the leading party of the security forces. According to Dawn news, Captain Fahad, Lance Naik Imtiyaz and constables Asghar, Mehran and Shamoon were martyred in the blast.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), an evacuation operation was underway in Kahan after an explosive device targeted security forces.

At least four people were injured in a grenade explosion on Sabzal Road in Quetta, Pakistan, according to a statement by Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Quddus Bizenjo.

Meanwhile, a terrorist and a soldier were killed in a gunbattle between terrorists and security forces in Sambaja area of Zhob district of Balochistan in an intelligence-based operation.

Two soldiers were injured in retaliatory firing. The incident has been reported at a time when Pakistan is facing a growing threat of terrorism, which includes elements and groups that are said to be operating from Afghanistan, as Tehreek- A-Taliban Pakistan called off its ceasefire with the government in late November.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the operation was launched on the basis of “reliable information”, according to Dawn. It said the operation continued for the last 96 hours.

You may also like

Covering Geopolitics, Foreign Affairs and Global Affairs and Current Affairs Across Asia -Politics, Economics, Environment, Fact Check: The Asia Live

© 2022 ASIA MEDIA RESEARCH CENTER PVT.LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Covering Geopolitics, Foreign Affairs and Global Affairs and Current Affairs Across Asia -Politics, Economics, Environment, Fact Check.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More